Monday, July 6, 2009

Oh The Holidays!



The "Not Me!" Monday blog carnival was created by MckMama at My Charming Kids. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing.

As for me...


I did not travel across the lone star state for what we all thought would be a leisurely drive to my in-laws home in Louisiana. I assure you it was not the longest drive of our lives. We of course did not leave at 6:30 am and arrive at 2:30am the next day! That would be ridiculous! After all...it was only a 967 mile/14hr drive!



We did not spend an hour an a half looking for LA-35 that we were supposed to turn on to! Thinking that we would surely NEVER find it, my husband did not state, "We probably crashed and are in purgatory. We will probably spend the rest of eternity looking for LA-35." This did not freak me out by the way! Luckily we finally received a signal on our cell phone that enabled us to phone my mother in-law for some directions! Let me just tell you that map quest and portable navigators are not ever wrong! They are precise, accurate, and would not ever lead you astray! They would not tell you that your turn was only 9.2 miles away when really it is 40 miles! Not this wonderful technology! I was not at all relieved to arrive at our destination!!!


The 4th came and we had a pretty good time. We did the usual holiday thing...swimming in the pool, good food, fireworks, etc.


-


Our holiday of course did not include four of us shooting guns, an old man showing off his senility and throwing a huge fit, and the police paying us a friendly visit!


This old man did not tell the police that bullets were flying past his head. I would never try to kill someone for holiday fun! Not me! In a fit of rage said crazy old person did not slip and fall in the ditch! I did not laugh! I promise!!! Long story short...Police told us to be careful, the man threw an even bigger fit that we were not arrested, and then stormed off! Ah memories!!!


2 comments:

Heather said...

Your kids are so cute! It sounds like you all had a great weekend NOT doing lots of fun things!

Manes said...

Looks like you had a blast!