Monday, May 11, 2009

Clothespin Magnet Tutorial!


I am absolutely in love with this little craft project. My fridge can get completely filled with art from my little Bella. I always have to use two or three magnets just to keep them on the fridge. These clothespin magnets make hanging Bella's masterpieces so much easier. I only need one magnet, they clip right to her artwork, they are so cute, and very easy to make!

What you will need:
Clothespins
Scrapbook Paper
Craft Magnets(the stronger the better)
Fine Sandpaper(optional)
Mod Podge
Super Glue Gel
Scissors or an Exacto Knife
A Foam Brush


First cut out two pieces of scrapbook paper to fit the front and back of your clothes pin with your scissors or an exacto knife.

Next, with your foam brush, paint a little mod podge onto the back side of one of your cut pieces of paper.

Then press it to either the front or back of your clothespin so that it is now covered with your paper.

Sand around the edges of the paper to give your clothepin a nice and clean appearance. (optional)

Then cover the newly placed and sanded paper with mod podge using your foam brush.Let dry, and repeat these steps to cover the other side of the clothespin.

Once both the front and back have been covered with your paper and are dry, it is time to add your magnet to the back.

I cut about an inch of magnet from a roll of craft magnet I got from Hobby Lobby, but you may use any type of magnet you wish. (I like these because you can cut them to whatever size you like so its hidden behind the clothespin.)

Then cut the magnet to the width of your clothespin. Peel off the paper on the back of the magnet and apply a thin strip of super glue gel to the sticky adhesive side where the paper was.


Choose which side of the clothespin you wish to have the magnet on, and firmly place the magnet, glue side down, in the middle of that side of the clothespin.
Let the super glue dry for about a minute and your magnet is complete!

Ta-Da!

Artwork by Miss Bella. It's a Dog if you were wondering. :o)


2 comments:

THE PEPPERLING'S said...

I wanna make some. :) our fridge is covered in a mess of stuff. These would work great. I think I may try soon.

Mlynczyk said...

Is that supposed to be a boy dog? I like the idea too...I may have to try it!