Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Italian Night!

So tonight is Italian night! What does that mean??? Well it means that the theme for our dinner is Robby's favorite...Italian!


I made lasagna, caesar salad, warm Italian bread, and l'olio saporiti e l'aceto for dipping!

What is l'olio saporiti e l'aceto??? Well...it means tasty oil and vinegar in Italian. For short we call it "the speal." Its my little take on the classic oil and vinegar that you dip your bread in as an appetizer, and boy is it ever tasty! Don't believe me? Try it for yourself! Here's how to make it!

What you will need:
A small plate
Balsamic Vinegar
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Minced Garlic
100% Grated Parmesan Cheese

First you will need a teaspoon to a tablespoon of minced garlic, depending on how much garlic you like.

Then spread the minced garlic evenly around the plate, as shown above.

Next, cover the plate & garlic with your grated parmesan cheese (about 3/4 cup).

I then make a sort of spiral of balsamic vinegar over the cheese.

Lastly, I zig-zag the extra-virgin olive oil over the top.

Slice some Italian or French bread for dipping and enjoy!

Its a big favorite at my house! Let me know how ya like it!



0 comments: